Useful Sources for QuickCam Video Analysis
- HyperCard Stacks--Please send me e-mail (email@example.com) if you would like a copy of Make Crop Movie Stack.
- QuickCam--Connectix black&white QuickCam for Macintosh is available for about $100 from many computer stores and mail-order suppliers. Connectix also makes a color version as well as QuickCam for PCs.
- QuickTime--QuickTime is a Macintosh extension which must be in your System Folder in order to make or play movies on the computer. It is usually included with Macintosh System Software and with applications which require it. Version 2.1 of QuickTime may be downloaded from Apple. The most recent version, 2.5, can also be downloaded, but the HyperCard stacks do not work with this version. The best reference for QuickTime (highly recommended) is QuickTime: The Official Guide For Macintosh Users, by Judith L. Stern & Robert Lettieri (Hayden Books, 1994, ISBN: 1-56830-129-4). The CD which comes with this book includes QuickTime 2.0.
- HyperCard--To run and modify HyperCard Stacks (and to do your own scripting) you need the HyperCard application. HyperCard Player, which may be downloaded from Apple, allows you to run HyperCard Stacks. HyperCard stacks with which you can make and play movies must include the QuickTime XCMD's. These XCMD's are available, with documentation, on the CD which is included with the book QuickTime: The Official Guide For Macintosh Users.
- Graphical Analysis--This application may be purchased from Vernier Software.
- VideoGraph--This application may be purchased from Physics Academic Software.
- VideoPoint--This application may be purchased from PASCO Scientific.