Welcome to my Corner -
A monthly newsletter for Richter-North and Reimert Residents!
In this edition, you will find the following information:
Purpose of this Newsletter - I will answer the question you may be wondering, "Why is Corinthian doing this newsletter?"
Concerns/Notices of the Area - Make sure you read this section even if you don't read anything else. Things that are taking place that need to change or things that you need to be notified about are in this section. If a text is italicized, the information that follows is area specific.
Clap With Me - People who have made an impact in their community.
Do Dates - Dates in which you may want to do something. I will list upcoming event taking place for your residence hall and also events open to the whole campus.
Interesting Information - Depending on what I want to do, this section will contain riddles, advice, stories or facts that I believe you will find interesting.
The RA Student Staff - Don't know all the RAs in your area yet? Well check me out!
My Contact Info - Find out how to reach me.
Purpose of this Newsletter:
This newsletter is one of the ways in which I will communicate with the residents in my area of responsibility. Hopefully you will find the information in this newsletter beneficial. If you have any information that you would like me to add to the newsletter, please contact me. My contact information will be listed below.
Concerns/Notices of the Area: *Wooo-Hooo! There are not many new concerns!
~Please make sure you sign/check out properly with your RA at the end of the semester. If you are going abroad, transferring, or taking a leave, please make sure that you complete the check-out portion of your Room Inventory Report with your RA.
~The Po-Po (Police) - If you are ever confronted by a police officer, please be respectful and follow all of their orders. Despite popular belief, they can come on college property at any time and enforce the law. Please don't get mad at me for telling you this; I'm just trying to help you out!
~Master Keys - Please remember that your RA does not have master keys. If you are locked out of your room, please contact the RA on duty (see the calendar outside of your RA's room) or contact Campus Safety @ 2737.
~Nakedness - It is inappropriate and violates Ursinus College policy when individuals run, walk, jog, do pushups, hop, crawl, skip, roll, stand, etc*...while naked in the public. Failure to comply with Ursinus College's policies and procedures could result in disciplinary action. That said, please do not run, walk, jog, do pushups, hop, crawl, skip, roll, stand, etc*...while naked in the public. In addition, please do not encourage other students and/or non-students to run, walk, jog, do pushups, hop, crawl, skip, roll, stand, etc*...while naked in the public. It is my understanding that one becomes involved in this type of activity when he/she is not the victor of a beer pong game. A defeat in beer pong does not justify one’s involvement in this type of activity.
*The "etc..." includes all verbs possibly known to humankind.
~Alcohol in Public Places - If you are going to drink alcohol make sure you and your friends/guests do not bring the alcohol out of the room, or if you live in Reimert, the suite. It does not matter what type of container the alcohol is in, it can not be in public places.
~ Music in Reimert - If you are not registered to have a social event, music can not be audible outside of your suite. The suites are rather sound proof from the courtyard, so if someone hears it, it is too loud. Please also keep in mind that students live above or below you. If they confront you about your music being to loud, you must turn it down. Courtesy quiet hours are in effect 24/7.
~Smoking in Richter-North - Please keep in mind that Richter-North is a smoke free building. Please smoke (legal substances) outside. Now that does not mean that you can smoke illegal substances inside the building...you should not smoke illegal substances anywhere.
~Missing signs in Richter-North - Please do not take signs from off the walls or doors in Richter-North. Lowes and Home Depot have some really cool signs for sale and they are cheap!
Clap With Me:
*Give yourself a pat on the back for having a wonderful Fall Semester! If you did not have a wonderful Fall semester, please come see me and I will give you some tips on how to have a wonderful Spring semester!
*I want to say thank you to all of the students who completed the RLO Evaluation via Survey Monkey. We appreciate your feed back
*I want to say thank you to all the RAs who put on good programs for you throughout the semester. If they did not do a program that you wanted them to do, please let them know so it can be done next semester!
*I want to say THANK YOU & GOOD BYE to Katie Mac, Richter 2 RA, for all of her hard work and dedication to the RA position! Katie is done student teaching and is getting ready to enter the real world! Make sure you come back and visit Katie!
*I want to thank Steve Larson, Director of Res Life, and Natissa Kultan, Freshman Center RD, for completing their first Fall semester here at UC. They have both been a wonderful addition to the RLO Staff.
-Dec: See your RA for other programs and events taking place in your area
-Dec: Your RA will be having a end of the year meeting with you to go over how to sign/check out properly at the end of the semester, please make sure you attend this meeting. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your RA or myself!
-Dec 11: Reimert Holiday Movie Marathon, Pfahler Aud. - Elf showing from 1-3 PM; A Christmas Story showing from 3-5 PM; Home Alone showing from 5-7 PM; Eight Crazy Nights showing from 7-9 PM.
- Dec 12: 2nd Annual Pancake Study Break, Floys Lewis Bakes Lobby Area 8-10 PM
- Dec 13: Stress Relief Activities, 6-8 PM - Yoga (6-7 PM); Massages, Stress Balls, Snacks, Coloring, etc... (6-8 PM)
- Dec 14th/15th: Midnight Munchies in my apartment @ Midnight
- Dec 18th by 5:30 PM: RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSE!
- Jan 16: Students can start moving back into the Residence Halls at noon
- Jan 18th & 19th: If you are interested in being a RA please come to one
HAVE A SAFE AND GREAT BREAK!!
GUIDELINES FOR WINTER BREAK RESIDENCE HALL CLOSING
1. The residence halls will be closed for the Winter Break from Saturday, December 18, 2004 until Sunday, January 16, 2005. Spring semester classes begin on Monday, January 17, 2005.
2. Students are expected to vacate campus housing 24 hours after their last scheduled final exam or by 5:30 PM on December 18, whichever comes first. All residence halls will be closed and locked for the Winter Break on Saturday, December 18, at 5:30 PM. Students who are unable to arrange transportation to leave campus by 5:30 PM will be permitted to wait with their belongings in the Wismer Lower Lounge. The Wismer Lower Lounge will remain open until 8 PM.
3. The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, January 16, 2005 at 12 noon. Students should not plan to return until this time. During the recess period, halls will not be open for procurement of personal belongings. Residents will not be permitted to enter the residence halls for any reason during the Winter Break.
4. Zack’s will close for the Winter Break after equivalency ends at 8:00 PM on Friday, December 17, 2004. The Main Dining Hall will close after brunch at 1:30 PM on Saturday, December 18, 2004.
5. The Main Dining Hall will reopen for dinner at 4:30 PM on Sunday, January 16, 2005. Zack's will reopen Monday, January 17, 2005 at 9:00 AM for regular business operations.
6. The College is not responsible for personal possessions. Items of value should be taken home. See Student Handbook, page 30.
7. In an effort to maintain security and conserve energy, students are required to do the following:
· Close and lock all windows and draw shades.
· Unplug all electrical equipment, including refrigerators.
· Sweep and clean the floor.
· Turn out all lights and lock all doors.
· Remove all holiday decorations from the house and/or hallways.
8. $50 Charge for improper check-out: This includes failure to leave within 24 hours after your last final or 5:30 PM on Saturday, December 18 (whichever comes first) and/or failure to check-out properly with your RA. Proper check –out will be explained to you at your upcoming hall/house meeting.
9. Housing over the Winter Break will be provided for International students and those affiliated with approved College-sponsored programs who receive a break pass. Break passes will not automatically be issued to students who work in the local area. If a student is given permission to remain on campus because of working in the local area, they will be charged $80 a week. This does not necessarily mean every approved student will be permitted to stay in his/her own room. Students who receive a break pass may be required to consolidate in another building identified by the Residence Life Office. In order to stay on campus, a student must receive permission and a break pass from their Residence Director by 4:30 PM on Tuesday, December 14, 2004. Members of athletic teams who will be on campus over the break do not need to apply for a break pass; the Athletic Department will make those arrangements. Any student found on campus without a break pass will be required to leave campus immediately and will receive a $100 fine.
10. Transportation to the King of Prussia hotels in order to connect with airport shuttles will be available December 15-18, 2004. Interested students must sign-up for shuttle service by Friday, December 10, 2004 in the Academic and Student Affairs Office located in Corson Hall. Van space is limited and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
RA Student Staff:
Name Area Residence Phone #
Gerry Hess Reimert 100-105 Reimert 102 D 610-409-3385
James Texeira Reimert 106-110 Reimert 108 D 610-409-3411
Kristin Carter Reimert 202-205 Reimert 203 A 610-409-3434
Amanda Howard Reimert 206-209 Reimert 207 A 610-409-3450
Kjisten Torkelson Reimert 200, 201, 210 Reimert 210 D 610-409-3465
Dana Yancey Reimert 301-305 Reimert 305 D 610-409-3485
Larry Barr Reimert 306-310 Reimert 309 D 610-409-3502
Name Area Residence Phone #
Sara Kessler Richter-North Basement North 027 484-762-4138
Lydia Sanchez Richter 1 Richter 111 484-762-4151
Katie McLaughlin Richter 2 Richter 208 484-762-4176
Heather Kaczor Richter 3 Richter 311 484-762-4207
Alex Miron North 1 North 134 484-762-4165
Erony Whyte North 2 North 231 484-762-4190
Blaine McEvoy North 3 North 334 484-762-4221
My Contact Info:
Apartment* - Reimert RD Apartment (Across from the vending machines in the Reimert lobby area)
Office - Residence Life Office, 1st Corson Hall
AOL SN - UrsinusRD (It is my personal account, the other RDs do not use it)
Telephone - Residence Life, x2425 (if calling from off-campus 610.409.3590) -- Call this number to make appointments
with me or if you have general Residence Life questions.
- My direct office extension x2426
*Apartment Hours - This year I will be having "office" hours in my apartment. During this time, students can set up formal appointments to meet with me or they can just come by to chat or hang out. My Apartment Hours are: Mondays 6:30-8:30 PM; Wednesdays 2-4 PM; Thursdays 4:30-6:30 PM.